Summer schools, as a rule, can offer an intensive academic and rich cultural program. It is a great opportunity to gain new learning experience, get acquainted with peers from other countries and see the world. The duration of a summer school can vary from a couple of days to several weeks during a summer vacation period.
The benefits of participating in a summer school speak for themselves:
New knowledge: a summer school enables you to learn new subjects or deepen your knowledge in a well-known field. In addition, many summer schools assign credits, which can be used as a proof for recognition of prior learning and experience towards a degree at the university.
New cultural experience: it is a chance to discover new cities and countries, enjoy sightseeing and learn about culture and traditions of other people around the world.
New friends: participating in a summer school you will make new friends and learn about life of your peers abroad.
Good try out: if you want to try yourself in a new field and understand your preferences, or to get to know a certain university before applying there, then a summer school is a unique opportunity for you to try out a program or a university.
Summer schools for international students at Nazarbayev University
- The Silk Road International Summer School
- Summer Youth Leadership Program in cooperation with Renmin University of China
- Study Trip for Engagement and Enrichment from the National University of Singapore
- 42 students of Nazarbayev University participated in summer semester 2017 at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Summer School in Russian and Eurasian Studies