NU Sports complex (planned to be renamed as Wellness and Sport complex) located on the territory of Nazarbayev University, includes the following facilities:
- Athletic Center (planned to be renamed as Wellness and Athletic Center)
- Sport Center (planned to be renamed as Training Center (SST))
- Outdoor summer sports fields
NU Sports complex is equipped with a swimming pool (50m*25m), a gym, a climbing wall, a multifunctional hall, a squash room and various halls (gymnastics, martial arts, yoga, fitness, dance, etc.).
Purposes of NU Sports complex:
- creation of favorable conditions for physical education and sports;
- to form the values of a healthy lifestyle among students involved in physical activities and sports;
- to raise the level of physical and psychological health of students, faculty members, staff and their families;
- to encourage the creation and implementation of innovative programs and projects at NU aimed at promoting healthy lifestyles.
Objectives of NU Sports complex:
- to create an integrated team of specialists that will conduct research in the field of elite sports, recreational sports and Wellbeing based on the facilities of the Training Center (SST).
- to create an advanced rehabilitation center for occupational sports and everyday injuries based on School of Medicine (NUSOM).
Nazarbayev University provides training for university teams in the following disciplines:
However, due to the pandemic, training of university teams is temporarily not being conducted.