Teaching Assistant (TA) is required for the Graduate School of Public Policy (GSPP) to assist Faculty
Key and functional tasks of the position
Teaching Assistant (TA) is required for the Graduate School of Public Policy (GSPP) to assist Faculty.
TAs are considered by NU to be “faculty-in-training”. TA position is a first, important, step in the academic career.
TAs serving as graduate instructors. TAs who are full-time NU graduate students are eligible to serve as “graduate instructors”, with additional teaching duties and responsibilities up to and including teaching a course, under the certain conditions:
The key responsibilities:
· support the faculty in his/her teaching;
· administer course-related matters;
· assist faculty in monitoring and assessing student performance;
· communicate course assignments and exercises to students;
· organise tutorials for students;
· assist the faculty in conducting world-class research relevant for Kazakhstan(to be determined the equal allocation of time to assist to all faculty);
· attend briefings and meetings convened by the faculty;
· actively participate in the development of the GSPP (take part in organization of School events, translation of School documents such as program description, brochures).
MA or Msc
Academic background in applied economics, public policy and/or public administration at the Masters level
· Quantitative skills used in economics, statistics, and Public Policy are an asset.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities:
· experience and understanding of the Central Asian and Kazakh context would be an advantage for teaching modules in the area of public policy and public administration;
· ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
· strong interpersonal and communication skills;
· research interest and experience suitable for GSPP teaching and research area
· previos work experience in academic environment
· knowledge of educational tools and methods
· familiarity withpedagogical issue
Proficiency in languages, including state language (list of languages):
Excellent oral and written command of English is required; good oral and written command of Kazakh and/or Russian is an asset.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office package. Excel very important. Stata is preferable.
Final date of CV submission: