Teaching Assistant 0.25 rate (TA), Department of Physics, School of Science and Technology
Key and functional tasks of the Department:
Planning, organizing and conducting Physics teaching, research and curricular activities in the Department of Physics at School of Science and Technology of Nazarbayev University
Key and functional tasks of the position:
Within undergraduate general Physics courses, perform teaching of:
– recitations (problem-solving classes)
– laboratories (including lab equipment handling)
– grading of assignments (home work problems, quizzes, exams, lab reports, etc.)
– An earned undergraduate degree in Physics or closely related area of science or engineering is required.
– An earned Master degree in Physics or closely related area of science or engineering is a plus.
Prior professional experience
– Strong ability to solve general physics problems is required.
– No professional experience is required
– Prior experience with scientific instrumentation, computer programming and conducting research is a plus.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in General Physics are required
– Commitment, flexibility, punctuality, collaboration, mutual respect, honesty, integrity, cultural sensitivity are required.
Proficiency in languages, including state language
– Excellent English language communication skills are required as all instructions at NU are conducted in English.
– Knowledge of Russian and Kazakh are obligatory.
Computer skills (programs, computer literacy)
– Fluency in MS Office and Internet are required
Required Application Materials
Applicants should send their CV to CV@nu.edu.kz, subject line: “Physics TA, School of Science and Technology”. Additional information about SST Department of Physics can be found at:
Final date of application materials submission
Until position is filled