Specialist of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Key and functional tasks of the department:
– Coordination of the activities of the School in terms of providing quality education in the humanities and social sciences, including the development of modern technological infrastructure necessary for the effective implementation of the educational process;
– Development, maintenance and further effective cooperation with foreign partners;
– Facilitating the effective functioning of the academic programs through the establishment and further development of partnerships with leading domestic and foreign universities, research centers and other organizations;
– Participation in the negotiation and drafting of agreements (memorandums, contracts) with foreign partners within the competence of the School.
Key and functional tasks of the position:
1) assisting the Dean and the Executive Director of the School in organizing the School activity: interaction and communication with instructors and students;
2) assisting the Dean of the School in preparing materials for presentations for internal/external use;
3) providing assistance for administrating organizational arrangements for conferences, official meetings, round tables, short-term programs and courses;
4) assisting in the developing and following up the School’s communications plan implementation;
5) assisting in the maintenance of the web-site and information updating in School’s social accounts;
6) providing assistance for developing design of information booklets and printing products of the School;
7) processing the School’s requests to the University’s private entities;
8) assisting the School budget generation as to the parts related to his/her competence;
9) providing assistance for generating reports on School budget implementation as to the parts related to his/her competence;
10) working and cooperating effectively with the media;
11) monitoring compliance with internal regulatory documents of the University on the issues within his/her competence;
12) recording and tracking official instructions, given by the University management to the School on the issues within his/her competence, as well as subsequent preparation of reports for the Dean and the Executive Director of the School;
13) providing technical and methodological assistance to School employees on the issues within his/her competence;
14) assisting the processes of risks identification, assessment, management, monitoring within the framework of supervised area;
15) assisting in organizing foreign staff visit in agreement with corresponding University departments, including coordinating issues related to the travel of international staff of School;
16) assisting in official introduction of new faculty member in cooperation with responsible divisions of the University;
17) providing advisory assistance in obtaining the necessary documentation for working in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, including the issues of registration in tax and migration authorities, to faculty and employees of the School;
18) timely and qualitative performance of other assignments of School management within his/her duties and authorities;
19) performing of any other duties as required.
Higher education, preferably with English as a language of instruction; Master, Bachelor or Specialist degrees in
– Public relations;
– Management in education; Management
– International relations;
– Tourism, Languages;
– Humanities and Social Sciences;
– other majors related to functional responsibilities.
Desired professional experience (duration, sphere, and other)
Work experience shall comply with one of the following requirements:
– at least 1 year of relevant professional experience in areas corresponding to functional areas of the specific position in international and/or national companies, if a candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree; or
– work experience is not required upon the availability of higher education with English as a language of instruction.
– English translation skills;
– skills in records management in Kazakh and English;
– knowledge of processes and tools in the field of public relations and marketing communications;
– advanced skills in public relations and marketing communications;
– financial records keeping skills;
– budgeting skills ;
– advanced negotiation and work process planning skills;
– high analytical and organizational skills;
– fluency in Kazakh, Russian and English.
– commitment to goals and values of the University;
– interpersonal skills;
– teamwork skills;
– developed leadership skills;
– ability to work in multicultural environment.
Proficiency in languages, including state language, (list of languages)
Good oral and written command of Kazakh, Russian and English languages is necessary.
Computer skills (programs, computer literacy):
High-level computer literacy (Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, 1С: Enterprise).
Final date of CV submission
Open until filled.
Please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.