Specialist, Operations, School of Science and Technology
Key and functional tasks of the department:
Under the general direction of the Dean and Executive Director of School of Science and Technology, the Operations Specialist provides executive, administrative and analytical support regarding business trips, visa documentation, and other issues related to operations activities of the School.
Key and functional tasks of the position:
– Assist in the day-to-day operations of the School including but not limited to: drafting memos, analytical information and endorsing documents, service agreements of confidential nature, processing business trip and reports, translating reports and other duties.
– Organize when necessary pre-placement visits of staff to Astana.
– Assist with a full faculty induction process in cooperation with administration of the University, as well as other external bodies etc.
– Assistance to faculty and staff in obtaining of necessary documents for work, assistance in registration in tax and migratory authorities of Astana.
– Posting job advertisements on international hiring websites (HigherEdJobs, Chronicles, etc), reimbursement of invoices.
– Assistance in acquisition of insurance for local staff and international faculty, sending required documentation to HSE Department.
– Carry out any other duties if required.
Higher-professional, preferable from the higher education institutions with English language of instruction;
Desired professional experience (duration, sphere, and other)
At least 1 year of professional experience in spheres related to functional directions of the position with Bachelor degree.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities
– Experience of working within higher education;
– Excellent IT skills;
– Good oral and written communication skills;
– Good presentation skills;
– Good level of numeracy;
– Effective networking skills;
– Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and to handle simultaneously a wide range of tasks
Proficiency in languages, including state language, (list of languages)
Fluent Kazakh, English and Russian;
Excellent oral speech and writing skills (Russian, Kazakh, English)
Computer skills (programs, computer literacy):
High level of computer knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
Final date of CV submission
Until position is filled
Please indicate “Specialist, Operation, School of Science and Technology” in the e-mail heading