Specialist (finance) (maternity leave cover): School of Science and Technology
Key and functional tasks of the function
Primary objectives of the function are as follows:
– participation in the planning, development and adjustment of the School’s annual budget;
– monitoring the development of the School’s budget, preparation and submission of monthly reports on the development of the School’s budget;
– preparation and provision of reports and information related to risk management of the School;
– registration of forms for reimbursement of expenses of the School’s faculty;
– rendering consulting and information support to the faculty concerning budgeting and other issues within the scope of his/her competence;
– participation in the development and implementation of the operational plan of the School;
– execution of materials for the conclusion of contracts, monitoring of the timing of the contractual obligations entered into with external counterparties financed by the budget of the School in the academic activities;
– interaction with structural divisions of the University in providing reports and data if requested;
– performing any other duties as necessary.
– specialist or bachelor’s degree in at least one of the following areas:
Economics, finance, management.
Required professional experience
– At least 1 year of work experience in the areas corresponding to functional areas of this position;
– Experience of working within higher education;
– Excellent IT skills;
– Good oral and written communication skills;
– Good presentation skills;
– Good level of numeracy;
– Effective networking skills;
– Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and to handle simultaneously a wide range of tasks
Professional competence and personal qualities
– Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and as a member in international team;
– Experience of working with different cultures;
– Interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Eager to work with students.
Proficiency in languages
Fluency in Kazakh, Russian, English (oral and writing skills) languages.
A highly trained PC user.
Deadline for CV
Until position is filled.