Specialist, Administrative Assistant to the Dean, School of Engineering
Key and functional tasks of the department:
Under the general direction of the Dean of the School of Engineering, the Administrative Assistant provides executive, administrative and analytical support to the Dean in a wide variety of areas including: special projects, correspondence, maintenance of the Dean’s calendar and problem solving for the day-to-day operations of the Dean’s Office.
Key and functional tasks of the position:
– Act as point person for all staff who request support of the Dean. Coordinate workflow, communications, processes and procedures for all work done in direct support of the Dean.
– Participate in weekly meetings of the School Leadership Council consisting of the department chairs and the senior administrative staff to insure that divisional projects and tasks are being handled in a timely manner. Write up meeting minutes.
– Exercise independent judgment to perform special assignments as requested by the Dean.
– Exercise independent judgment in bringing information and issues relating to the affairs of the division to the attention of the Dean. Define problems, independently conduct research as necessary, formulate solutions and make recommendations. Develop responses for Dean’s signature.
– Respond to requests and inquiries from faculty, staff, and students regarding divisional and university policies and procedures.
– Provide daily and long-range assistance on a wide range of assignments both internal and external to the School, respond to inquiries received from various departments of the University.
– Compile data (students’ grades, faculty evaluations, course syllabi, course curricula, business trip reports), solicit and research information from a variety of sources both on and off campus, and prepare reports as requested.
– Draft correspondence on behalf of the Dean as directed.
– Manage the Dean’s time. Prioritize and schedule appointments for the Dean’s calendar.
– Prepare detailed briefing materials for the Dean prior to meetings. Provide pertinent facts, data and other background information for meetings, reports, inquiries, agendas and presentations.
High-professional, diploma from a western-style university is preferable (degree of MA/MBA/M.Phil/MSc is preferable).
Desired professional experience (duration, sphere, and other)
No less than one year of professional experience in a higher educational institution and/or a non-governmental organization that focuses on assistantship, especially in the areas listed in key functions. Work experience in Kazakhstan and international organizations.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities
Ability to work effectively with local and international teams; Ability to work with people of different cultural backgrounds;
Ability to handle stress; and,
Ability to take responsibility for actions and decisions
Proficiency in languages, including state language, (list of languages)
Fluent Kazakh, English and Russian;
Excellent oral speech and writing skills (Russian, Kazakh, English)
Computer skills (programs, computer literacy):
High level of computer knowledge (MS Office 95\98\2000\2007, MS Windows 95\98\XP\Vista, Internet )
Final date of CV submission
Until position is filled