Senior Manager at the Secretariat of the Board of Trustees of Nazarbayev University
Key and functional tasks of the department:
– ensuring effective activity of the Board of Trustees and its committees;
– preparation and analysis of draft documents submitted for the Board of Trustees consideration and its committees;
– arranging the meetings of the Board of Trustees and its committees;
– preparation and approval of decisions of the Board of Trustees and materials to them with the authorized bodies and its committees.
Key and functional tasks of the position:
1) to develop and/or participate in the development of the documents of the Board of Trustees (minutes, decisions, explanatory notes, notices, telephone messages, voting ballots and their distribution to the members of the Board of Trustees and invited persons);
2) to ensure the preparation and conduct of meetings of the Board of Trustees and its Committees;
3) to review, coordinate, sign documents on matters within the competence of the Secretariat;
4) to ensure timely distribution of the meeting materials to the members of the Board of Trustees and its, as well as the subsequent collection of completed ballots and written opinions of the members of the Board of Trustees;
5) to analyze the work carried out by the Secretariat, to develop, as necessary, additional measures to improve its work;
6) according to the instructions of the management, to interact with officials of governmental bodies, other organizations on issues related to the coordination, consideration and adoption of decisions and other materials of the Board of Trustees;
7) to monitor the implementation of the decisions of the Board of Trustees;
8) to ensure timely distribution of the meeting materials to the members of the Board of Trustees, as well as the subsequent collection of completed ballots and written opinions of the members of the Board of Trustees;
9) to maintain proper storage of the documentation of the Board of Trustees, including incoming/outgoing documents on issues related to the activities of the Board of Trustees;
10) to ensure proper preparation of the Secretariat’s documentation for their timely transfer to the University archive;
Higher education, preferably at institutions with English language teaching;
Master’s degree in law and/or business administration is preferable.
Desired professional experience (duration, sphere, and other)
Work experience should correspond to one of the following directions:
– with a master’s degree, at least 5 years of work experience in the specialty, including in the areas corresponding to the functional directions of the position; or
– at a bachelor’s or specialist’s degree, at least 7 years of work experience, including in the areas corresponding to the functional directions of the position in the civil service, in international and / or national companies; or
– not less than 3 years of work experience at the University.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities
– analytical skills (analysis of legislation);
– preparation of analytical materials, legal assessment of the materials of the Board of Trustees and its committees;
– planning and budgeting skills;
– organizational skills (meetings, round tables, etc.);
– experience in coordinating documents and decisions of University’s governing bodies in authorized state bodies;
– project management skills, as well as risk-management skills;
– skills in preparing presentations;
– Knowledge of MS Office programs.
– ability to work effectively in a short time;
– ability to work in a team and individually;
– ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
– excellent writing and communication skills;
– leadership skills.
Proficiency in languages, including state language, (list of languages)
– English, Kazakh and Russian – fluent (ability to understand, speak and write fluently)
Computer skills (programs, computer literacy):
Good level of PC user
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Final date of CV submission
Open until filled.
Please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org