Senior manager of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences (further – School)
Key and functional tasks of the department:
– coordinate the activities of the School in providing quality education in the field of humanities and social sciences, including development of cutting-edge infrastructure necessary for efficient implementation of educational process;
– establish, maintain and further develop effective cooperation with international partners;
– assist in the effective functioning of the academic programs through the establishment and further development of partnerships with leading domestic and international universities, research centers and other organizations;
– participate in negotiations and drafting of agreements (Memorandums and contracts) with international partners within the limits of the School’s responsibility.
Key and functional tasks of the position:
– administering staff selection issues (analysis of vacant positions, monitoring of individual labor contracts terms and individual agreements/decisions by departments);
– participation in administering administrative staff selection to the School;
– preparation and full administration of international competitive commission aimed at selecting School`s faculty;
– organization and preparation of relevant documents for Committees on extending labor contracts and for career promotion of the School faculty;
– monitoring of drafting and maintenance of personal files of School employees, as well as timely amending these regarding the issues associated with labor activity;
– maintain database and staff accounting in 1С;
– drafting/updating and approval of job descriptions of School`s employees;
– preparation and transferring School employees personal files to University Achieve;
– assistance to School`s academic staff in taking seminars and training organized by the University and external organizations;
– maintenance and monitoring of disciplinary processes;
– military registration of School employees;
– planning School expenses and budgeting within the areas falling under his/her competence;
– analyzing and drafting School`s budget execution reports within the areas falling under his/her competence;
– drafting decisions regarding School`s core activity, preparing recommendation to improve cooperation processes;
– collaboration with University`s administrative divisions in providing reports and data as needed;
– accounting and monitoring execution of University`s management protocol orders to the School with respect to the issues falling within his/her competence, as well as subsequent preparation of reports to the Dean and Executive Director of the School on their fulfillment;
– rendering advisory and methodological support to School faculty and employees with respect to the process of getting relevant documents needed to perform work as per the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, including with respect to registration in tax and migration authorities of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
– providing reports and data regarding the issues falling within his/her competence by request of University structural divisions and in coordination with the Executive Director;
– participate in the processes of risk identification, assessment, management, control, monitoring and generation of relevant reports within the boundaries of supervising area;
– timely and proper fulfillment of other orders of the Head of School and the University management within the framework of his/her responsibilities and powers.
Master’s degree from a western-style university is mandatory. Preferably in Management of Human Recourses, Management of Education, Management, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Humanities and Social Sciences from internationally recognized higher education institutions.
Desired professional experience (duration, sphere, and other):
With Master’s degree, professional experience should be not less than 5 years in the areas corresponding to functional areas of a specific position; or with Bachelor’s or Specialist degree, work experience should be at least 7 years in the areas corresponding to the functional areas of a given position in the public service, international and/or national companies, or at least 3 years of work experience at “Nazarbayev University”.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities:
– Analytical skills;
– Ability to work effectively individually as well as a member of both local and international teams;
– Work experience with peoples from diverse cultural background;
– Preferable familiarity with the educational system, culture and history of Kazakhstan;
– Ability to function effectively under tight deadlines;
– A positive attitude, ability to plan and adapt to change;
– Ability to collaborate effectively within a complex administrative environment;
– Strong personal, oral and written communication skills
– Work experience in the areas relevant to the functional responsibilities of a given position.
Proficiency in languages, including state language, (list of languages):
– Good oral and written skills of Kazakh, Russian and English languages are necessary.
Computer skills (programs, computer literacy):
High proficiency in using PC (Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and 1C).
Final date of CV submission:
Till the selection of a candidate who meets the abovementioned requirements.