Senior manager of Department of Software Development
Main functional responsibilities of the department:
Department of Software Development is responsible for implementation of tasks for development and modernization of information systems that automate activities of the University.
Main functional duties:
Senior manager’s duties include as follows:
– Participation in process of development, optimization and modernization of software;
– Implementation of advanced standards and practices of code writing;
– Consultation of managers (junior developers) of Department of Software Development on development issues;
– Estimate of labor costs for implementation;
– Designing database structures.
Higher technical education.
Desired work experience (duration, sphere and other):
Experience in the field of at least 4 years (as Java-developer – not less than 2 years).
Participation in the development and implementation of corporate information systems (at least 2 major projects).
Professional competence and personal qualities:
– Strong knowledge and experience in developing Web applications using Java EE (knowledge of .NET is desirable);
– Experience developing applications running IBM WebSphere Portal version 7 or higher (knowledge of IIS is desirable);
– Experience with database management systems (PostgreSQL, Oracle Database, IBM DB2, MySQL, MS SQL Server);
– Experience of integrating enterprise applications (EAI) with the use of system bus, integration adapters or web services;
– Strong knowledge and understanding of principles of operation of basic protocols for data transmission and exchange;
– Knowledge and experience of collective development of applications using SVN, CVS or similar products;
– Confident knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems;
– Knowledge of product lines of major vendors (IBM, EMC, Oracle);
– Sociability and creative approach.
Language skills, including state language:
Ability to understand technical documentation in English. For citizens of Kazakhstan – knowledge of Kazakh and Russian is obligatory, for international applicants – knowledge of Kazakh and Russian would be an advantage.
Until the selection of suitable candidates.