Key and functional tasks of the department
· University wide Internationalization;
· Promotion of strategic partnership and international cooperation;
· Creating opportunities for and supporting academic mobility;
· Support of foreign faculty and students
Key and functional tasks of the position
· Participation in the promoting University wide internationalization, support of the Internationalization Committee work;
· Participation in the promotion and development of strategic partnerships (including correspondence, organization of annual partners’ meeting and follow-up activities, negotiations and etc.);
· Development of appropriate regulations (policies, provisions, etc.) and recommendations on international cooperation and partnerships;
· Development and signing of MoUs and agreements with international partners, including higher education institutions, research institutions, organizations, embassies, companies, etc.;
· Organization of and participation in protocol events, conferences, meetings and negotiations organized by the University or/and jointly with international partners and/or state bodies;
· Preparation of analytical notes, presentations, informational session on various HE and University related topics.
· Support of the academic mobility process;
· Information, analytical, and marketing support of internationalization, international cooperation, and strategic partnership;
· Participation in the development of the Department’s webpage content.
Higher professional, preferably from the higher education institutions with English language of instruction. Preferred areas of specialization: International Relations, International Education/Leadership and Management in Higher Education, Public Policy/Public Administration or related fields.
Master, Bachelor, or specialist.
Desired professional experience (duration, sphere, and other)
With Master’s degree, professional experience should be not less than 5 years in the areas corresponding to functional areas of a specific position; or with Specialist or Bachelor degree, work experience should be at least 7 years in the areas corresponding to the functional areas of a given position in the public service, international and/or national companies, or at least 3 years of work experience at the University and/or its organizations.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities
Excellent analytical, organizational, excellent culture of communication (written and oral) and presentation skills, work experience with foreign students and staff or in a multicultural environment. Experience in interacting with international organizations, state bodies, HEIs on areas corresponding to Department’s duties. Experience in conducting negotiations and organizing conferences and protocol events. Knowledge of HE tendencies in the world and KZ. Project management and related skills and experience is a plus. Ability to work under stress and deadlines.
Proficiency in languages, including state language, (list of languages)
Fluency in English, Kazakh, Russian
Computer skills (programs, computer literacy)
High PC Proficiency (Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office)
Final date of CV submission
Till position is filled