Senior Manager of Career and Advising Center (maternity leave cover starting November 1, 2018)
Key and functional tasks of the Department
NU CAC provides comprehensive career services to encourage students’ excellence in career development, preparing for professional environment, creating and promoting strong partnerships with NU students, alumni, employers, Schools, and overall university community.
Key and functional tasks of the position
– responsible for planning, coordination, implementation and reporting on the Employment Program;
– responsible for planning, coordination, implementation and reporting on the Student Career Development Program;
– responsible for the maintenance of the Career Platform;
– serves as a replacement during the absence of the employee responsible for the external and internal reporting and communication;
– provides input for the maintenance and update of the CAC website content and serves as a replacement for the responsible employee during his/her absence;
– provides career advice to help students set and reach their employment goals;
– provides practical training and assistance in basic job search techniques (e.g., résumé and cover letter preparation, interviewing skills, etc.);
– collects information within the specified functional area and provides input for the monthly newsletter and social media update;
– provides reports upon request;
– participates in the processes of risk identification, assessment, management, monitoring and generates relevant reports within supervised area;
– other duties assigned by the Director deem appropriate.
Higher education. Preferably with the English as the main language of instruction.
A degree preferably in career services, business administration, human resources, higher education or related areas.
Required professional experience
– for a Master`s degree holder – at least 5 years of work experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified;
– for a Bachelor`s or a Specialist`s degree holder – at least 7 years of work experience that is either directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified or was accumulated in the context of national and/or international companies;
– Alternatively, the incumbent must have at least 3 years of work experience at Nazarbayev University;
Professional competence and personal qualities
– comprehensive applied knowledge and expertise in all areas related to the Center`s activities;
– skills in examining and re-designing operations and procedures;
– skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities;
– ability to plan, develop and administer integrated programs within a public or educational institution environment;
– ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop solutions;
– knowledgeable in project management, professional development, client development, career planning and strategic planning;
– experience in training needs analysis, events management; career advising will be a bonus;
– commitment to the University goals and values;
– ability to cooperate effectively with people of different ethnic and cultural background;
– self-driven, highly resourceful and committed individual;
– excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
Proficiency in languages
Fluency in Kazakh, Russian and English
High PC Proficiency (Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office)
Deadline for CV
Until position is filled.