Senior Finance Manager, School of Engineering
Key and functional tasks of the position:
- participating and coordinating the process of budget request and investment plan development, including academic and research activities, for the corresponding financial year and a mid-term;
- participating and coordinating the process of updating the School’s budget and investment plan, including academic and research activities;
- preparing reports on implementation of the School’s budget and investment plan, including academic and research activities, and monitoring its timely implementation;
- timely and proper entry of the School’s budget data to information system for budgeting, and making suggestions for its improvement and further development, if necessary;
- participating in the making of information, reports and statistical data on School’s financial and economic matters;
- maintaining rational use of material and financial resources in order to identify the domestic reserves;
- preparing the School’s procurement plan (goods, works and services) and reporting to the University’s interested structural divisions;
- participating in the preparing of necessary information, reports and statistical data on the School’s financial and economic matters;
- making suggestions for improving the School’s budget planning and implementing, if necessary;
- practical assistance to the School’s staff on matters of economic planning, budgeting and analysis;
- participation in identification, evaluation, management and monitoring of risks within the framework of supervised direction.
- With Master’s degree, professional experience should be not less than 5 years in the areas corresponding to functional areas of a specific position; or
- with Bachelor’s or Specialist degree, work experience should be at least 7 years in the areas corresponding to the functional areas of a given position in the public service, international and/or national companies, or
at least 3 years of work experience at AOE “Nazarbayev University”.
АССА, CIMA certificates availability is preferred.
Desired professional experience (duration, sphere, and other):
Not less than five years of professional experience in the areas listed in the Key and functional tasks division.
Higher Education-related experience is preferred.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities:
- Knowledge of accounting management;
- Skills of writing reports and analytical notes;
- Ability to work effectively with local and international teams;
- Knowledge of business administration education in Kazakhstan and foreign countries;
- Strong interpersonal skills, responsibility, conflict management skills;
- stress resistance;
- Close attention to details at work.
Proficiency in languages:
Fluent in Kazakh, Russian and English (in both spoken and written);
Proficient user of computer software Excel, MS Office 95\98\2000\2007, MS Windows 95\98\XP\Vista.
Deadline for CV submission:
Until position is filled