Nazarbayev University School of Engineering
Post Title: School of Engineering Manager
Reports to: Dean and Executive Director of the School of Engineering
Responsible for: Administration of research projects of the School of Engineering
Key and functional tasks
- Participation in the formation and correction of the research projects’ budget request;
- Implementation and monitoring of procedures for procurement of works and services;
- Preparation of financial reports and relevant documentation on the research projects;
- Assistance and monitoring of research projects’ implementation;
- Participation in negotiations and drafting of agreements (Memorandums and contracts) with local companies and international partners;
- Organization of Research Committee Meetings of the School;
- Interaction with structural divisions and subsidiary organizations of the University on matters related to research projects;
- Performing other duties according to the goals and needs for the position held.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification. Master’s degree in Economics or finance discipline.
Work experience must meet one of the following requirements:
– with a Master’s degree work experience of at least 1 year in the areas corresponding to the functional areas of the position; or
– with a Bachelor’s degree or Specialist degree, at least 3 years of work experience in the fields corresponding to the functional areas of the position in international and / or national companies, or at least 2 years of work experience at Nazarbayev University.
High level of organization and planning skills.
Advanced user of MS Excel, Word and Power Point (MS Office).
Good communication skills, either oral and writing, in drafting explanatory notes to reports, with employees of all levels.
Good analytical, numerical skills and trainability.
Ability to work independently, as well as in the team, simultaneously coordinate a wide range of issues.
Ability to function effectively under tight deadlines.
Ability to take responsibility for his/her own decisions.