Researcher (for research project implementation period), Laboratory of advanced materials and systems for energy storage, National Laboratory Astana
Researcher (for research project implementation period)
|· Higher vocational education in the field of materials science, physics, chemistry.· The presence of a master’s degree.|
· Performing the synthesis of materials (thin films, nanoparticles, semiconductor materials and materials for solar energy).
· Conducting experiments on the characterization of materials using electron microscopy techniques, spectroscopic, studying of the physical-chemical, electrical and optical characteristics of materials;
· Fabrication of thin film materials using sputtering techniques (magnetron, ion beam, e-beam)
· Supervising junior members of the research group;
· Preparation and submission of proposals to internal and external funding agencies;
· To publish the research results in the direction of the international peer-reviewed journals;
· Participation in conferences for research outcome dissemination.
Experience (duration, field or other)
· Work experience at least 5 years in the field of scientific research. If you have a science degree or PhD candidates – without specifying requirements to the operational experience;
· Availability of research experience and the availability of scientific publications, publications in international scientific journals with impact factor and reports on international conferences;
· The presence of H- index is appreciated;
· Experience in the field of materials science, nanotechnology;
· Experience in the field of characterization of materials, microscopy and spectral analysis methods;
· Experience in use of deposition techniques;
· The presence of scientific publications (monographs, articles in peer-reviewed journals, patents, registered in the prescribed manner of scientific reports);
· Strong knowledge and high level of competence in relevant field of science;
· Fundamental and/or applied scientific-research experience;
· Experience of working with students in English.
Professional competencies and personal characteristics
Strong leadership skills, ability to work in academic environment individually and in team, taking initiatives, problem-solving skills, self-motivating.
Fluency in English (obligatory)
CV, reference letters
Deadline for application:
The position will remain open until it is filled