NAC Analytica Corporate Fund
Researcher/analyst of the Survey Center
Key and functional objectives of the unit
· Deliver research programs and projects, provide information and advisory services in surveying population and businesses;
· Prepare analytical materials, reports, and references on issues within the competence of the Center’s;
· Establish interaction and cooperation with the Nazarbayev University, local and foreign research centers, as well as international organizations and public authorities on issues within the competence of the Center;
· Publish results of the Center’s work in internal and external publications, including in peer-reviewed ones;
· Prepare information and analytical materials for the Fund’s website on issues within the competence of the Center;
· Participate and hold round tables, conferences, workshops and other expert platforms on issues within the competence of the Center.
Key and functional objectives of the position
· Deal with project delivery, including generating statistical data and analytical materials necessary for the delivery of projects, participating in data processing and analysis;
· Engage in the development of survey programs, tools and survey methodology;
· Submit proposals on automation of data processing, participate in the setup and maintenance of a database of surveys;
· Interact with representatives of clients and suppliers on the project delivery matters;
· Prepare reports on project delivery outcomes and presentation material;
· Prepare analytical materials (reports, analytical reviews and notes) on some issues within the competence of the Center;
· Prepare analytical materials (articles) for the Fund’s publication and external publications;
· Design proposals for ToR for projects.
· Higher vocational education or master’s degree, preferably from higher education institutions with English language of instruction in the following areas:
Professional experience sought (duration, field, industry, etc.)
· At least 2 years of experience of work in areas that match the functional areas of the China Study Center;
· Experience in designing, managing and maintaining the complete cycle of surveys;
· Experience in analyzing, interpretation of the survey outcomes and preparation of analytical materials;
Professional knowledge and personal qualities
· Analytical skills;
· Search for new solutions;
· Creative approach;
· Teamwork skills.
Command of languages including Kazakh (specify)
· Kazakh (speaking/writing) – fluent (preferably);
· Russian (speaking/writing) – fluent (must);
· English (speaking/writing) – fluent (must).
PC skills (software, how good at using PC)
· High command of PC (Microsoft Office);
· At least one data processing program (Stata, SPSS, R, etc.).
CV submission deadline
· Until an applicant meeting the above requirements is selected.