Researcher – analyst (IT specialist) of the Survey Center
Key and functional objectives of the unit
· implementation of research programmes and projects, rendering of consultancy services in the area of population and business survey;
· preparation of information analysis products, reports, certificates on issues, related to the competence of the Center;
· establishment of coordination and cooperation with Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstani and foreign research centers, and also international organizations, public authorities on issues, related to the competence of the Center;
· publication of the results of activity of the Center in internal and external publications including peer-reviewed;
· preparation of information analysis products for web-site of the Fund on issues, related to the competence of the Center;
· participation and holding of round tables, conferences, workshops and other expert platforms on issues, related to the competence of the Center
Key and functional objectives of the position
· development and support of information analysis systems of the Center;
· writing of programme code (introduction of changes on the requirements, modification, test) and program debugging using the relevant software and hardware, databases and programming technologies;
· server hardware and databases of the Center management;
· monitoring of new technologies, analysis of their applicability, testing;
· interaction with third parties within the framework of their competence, development of design, technical documentation (technical specifications, work statements etc.)
· content management (regular and timely updating of information on site of the Fund)
· Higher technical education or master’s degree in IT technologies, preferably from higher educational schools with English language of instruction.
Professional experience sought (duration, field, industry, etc.)
· Working experience of at least two years in the area of development and maintenance of software.
· Working experience in the area of development and maintenance of software in the area of investigations (personal interviews, call-centers, web-inquiries) and also in system administration is preferable
Professional knowledge and personal qualities
· Search for new solutions;
· Creative approach;
· Teamwork skills.
Command of languages including Kazakh (specify)
· Kazakh (speaking/writing) – fluent (preferably);
· Russian (speaking/writing) – fluent (must);
· English (speaking/writing) – fluent (must).
PC skills (software, how good at using PC)
· Operation systems – Linux, Windows;
· Databases – PostgreSQL, MongoDB
CV submission deadline
· Until an applicant meeting the above requirements is selected.