NAC Analytica Corporate Fund
Researcher/analyst at the Center for Development of Economic Modeling (in quantitative finance)
Key and functional objectives of the unit
· Conduct research, provide information and advisory services in macroeconomic and monetary policy as well as financial sector;
· Prepare analytical materials, reports, references and public information and analytical bulletins as part of the Center’s tasks;
· Establish interaction and cooperation with local and foreign research centers, as well as international organizations and public authorities in macroeconomic and monetary policy as well as financial sector;
· Participate in designing and delivering research programs of the Fund in macroeconomic and monetary policy as well as in financial sector.
Key and functional objectives of the position
· Gathering/structuring financial time series data;
· Extracting data from Bloomberg and other public sources;
· Building empirical finance models in coordination with academics;
· Simulation of the models;
· Forecasting main financial variables;
· Generating newer and progressive ideas for research in empirical finance;
· Keeping updated all the existing models and adapting them to newer methods of analysis.
· Master’s degree in Economics/Finance or other finance related area from recognized western universities and well-standing universities from Australia, Singapore, Russia;
· If master’s degree in Mathematics, undergraduate degree in Economics/Finance is a must
Professional experience sought (duration, field, industry, etc.)
· Working experience is optional.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities
· Knowledge of at least one econometrics package is a must (Eviews, Stata, RATS, Matlab);
· Knowledge of LaTeX is a plus;
· Advanced knowledge of finance theory and financial econometrics;
· Good knowledge of financial market instruments;
· Experience in working with financial time-series data (regular and irregular);
· Desire to work in research is a must;
· Strong and confident communicator;
· Punctuality, Accuracy, Attention to details.
Command of languages including Kazakh (specify)
· Russian (speaking/writing) – fluent (must);
· English (speaking/writing) – fluent (must);
· Kazakh (speaking/writing) – fluent (preferably).
PC skills (software, how good at using PC)
· High command of PC (Microsoft Office);
CV submission deadline
· Until an applicant meeting the above requirements is selected.