Research technologist (biotechnology)
Key and functional tasks of the Department
– Development of the Core facilities;
– Participation in the definition and implementation of development strategy of the Nazarbayev University’s scientific infrastructure (hereinafter – the University);
– Conducting analyses for NU and external organizations by trained staff and training of the potential users;
– Control and regulation of equipment use.
Key and functional tasks of the position
– Conducting analyzes on the equipment in field of biotechnology, keeping record of the activities;
– Providing technical assistance for researchers, students and third party organizations;
– Providing consultation and training of new users of the equipment, monitors the work of other users;
– Performing corrective and preventive maintenance on facility equipment. This involves all necessary documentation and data collection associated with performing calibrations and executing validation of equipment;
– Carrying out diagnostics and repair to the equipment hardware when breakdowns occur, in collaboration with other qualified specialists;
– Coordinating actions in emergency situations involving the safety of people and equipment;
– Participating to the preparation of technical documents, reports, and other documents related to the equipment use;
– Analyzing the need for laboratory equipment, consumables, and reagents, based on expenditures.
– Higher education;
– The lowest required academic degree is Bachelor’s degree in natural science (biology, biotechnology, biochemistry or related).
Required professional experience
Work experience in the research/academic laboratory at least 1 year. Work experience on analytical equipment at least 1 year.
Professional competence and personal qualities
– Willingness and ability to learn new information and updates related to the equipment functioning;
– Ability to understand and interpret technical documents, e.g. results of analyzes;
– Be familiar with the consumables and equipment procurement procedures, with making contracts, or other agreements;
– Ability to work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines;
– Knowledge on the fundamental safety regulations while working on laboratory equipment;
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively autonomously and in a team environment;
– Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
Proficiency in languages
Excellent speaking and writing skills in Kazakh, Russian. Proficiency in English is encouraged.
A highly trained PC user
Deadline for CV
Until position is filled.