Position: Research assistant/Laboratory technician (RA/LT)
Starting date: June 1, 2018 or earlier
Contract period: Until the end of 2018, with a possibility of yearly renewal until the end of 2020.
Prof. Mert Guney (Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nazarbayev University) and Prof. Mehdi Torkmahalleh (Chemical Engineering, Nazarbayev University) are currently looking for one full-time RA/LT to provide assistance with their laboratory practices related to their existing research projects in the environmental domain.
Position details: The RA/LT is expected to assist in:
- Equipping and maintaining the laboratories with consumables and instruments
- Operation, calibration and maintenance of the instruments
- Performing diverse laboratory work and analyses of samples
- Training and supervising undergraduate and graduate students during the research and teaching laboratory
- Developing the safety and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for instruments and analytical methods
- Assisting with the procurement of instruments and consumables.
- Performing administrative work including translation of the documents (English-Russian-Kazakh), updating websites and communication and showcasing
- Involvement in the research and supervising the undergraduate research
- Traveling to other cities and countries for the filed measurements and training when required
Those interested should send their CV along with a cover/motivation letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for the applications is May 25, 2018.