Purchasing manager (2 vacant positions)
Key and functional tasks of the Department
· Market research for efficient procurement.
· Maintenance of suppliers registers.
· Interaction with suppliers in the organization of procurement.
· Organization of:
purchases of goods, works and services;
acceptance of goods; work of a single warehouse of consumables and equipment for the educational and research process.
· Development of internal documentation in the area of procurement of goods, works, services.
· Equipping and providing an autonomous organization of education “Nazarbayev University”, laboratories of the Autonomous organization with necessary laboratory equipment, laboratory furniture, consumables, etc. in accordance with the Rules of procurement of goods, works, services of “Nazarbayev University”.
Key and functional tasks of the position
· Consideration of draft procurement documents sent for approval to the department;
· Development of internal documents (bylaws, instructions, regulation) governing the activities in procurement of the University, supply chain management, approval;
· Recommendations to procurement requesting party/initiators regarding changes in names, technical characteristics, units of measurement for goods in order to unify and harmonize information on goods to be procured;
· Obtain approval of procurement documents from interested structural units;
· Conduct procurement procedures in accordance with the Rules for procurement.
· Higher education level, preferably obtained in higher education institution with English as the main language of instruction.
· Master degree would be an asset.
Required professional experience
· with Master’s degree professional experience should be not less than 1 years in the areas corresponding to functional areas of a specific position;
· With Bachelor degree work experience should be at least 3 years in the areas corresponding to the functional areas of a given position in the international and /or national companies, or at least 2 years of works experience at the Nazarbayev University and/or its organizations.
Professional competence and personal qualities
· Professional Competencies:
– knowledge of processes and tools of procurement of goods, works and services;
– knowledge of project and operational management;
– knowledge of the internal regulatory documents of procurement procedures of “Nazarbayev University”;
– research and analytical skills;
– skills of developing internal procurement documents of the organization;
– work experience on electronic trading platform and / or public procurement portal;
– skills on preparation and conduction of presentations / seminars on procurement.
· Personal skills:
– – commitment to the goals and values of the University;
– – logical thinking;
– – sociability;
– – initiative;
– – diligence;
– – focus on results;
– – skill to work in team;
– – stress resistance.
Proficiency in languages
· Fluent spoken and written Kazakh, Russian and English languages.
· High level of proficiency in PC (Microsoft Windows) and organizational equipment.
Deadline for CV submission
· Until position is filled.