Manager of the School of Medicine
Key and functional tasks of the department:
1. Organization and provision of learning activities;
2. Contribution to the University-wide quality assurance methodologies;
3. Participation in development and implementation of strategic goals of the University within the competence of the School;
4. Engagement with medical universities and research institutions to foster science application.
Key and functional tasks of the position:
1) Developing contracts and agreements within ongoing activities, preparing and submitting reports, invoices, acts of services provided and other documents related to them;
2) Formation of the School’s budget in parts related to his/her competence;
3) Preparing reports on School budget implementation in parts related to his/her competence;
4) Administering the issues of School development and providing assistance in addressing the issues of School’s operating activity;
5) Monitoring of compliance with internal regulatory documents of the University on issues within his/her competence;
6) Providing consulting and methodological assistance to School employees on issues within his/her competence;
7) Participating in the processes of risk identification, assessment, management, monitoring within the framework of areas within his/her competence;
8) Timely and qualitative performance of other assignments of School management.
Higher education, preferably with English as a language of instruction; Master, Bachelor or Specialist degrees in
Desired professional experience (duration, sphere, and other)
Work experience shall comply with one of the following requirements:
– at least 1 year of relevant professional experience in areas corresponding to functional areas of the specific position in civil service, or in international and/or national companies, if a candidate holds a Master’s degree; or
– at least 3 years of professional experience in areas corresponding to functional areas of the specific position in civil service, or in international and/or national companies, if a candidate holds a Bachelor’s or a Specialist degree; or
– at least 2 years of experience in autonomous organization of education “Nazarbayev University”.
Professional certifications in the field of Public Relations and Marketing are preferable.
– skills in records management in Kazakh and English;
– financial records keeping skills;
– budgeting skills;
– high analytical and organizational skills;
– fluency in Kazakh, Russian and English languages;
– strong oral and written communication skills.
– commitment to goals and values of the University;
– interpersonal skills;
– ability to work effectively individually as well as a member of both local and international teams;
– ability to work with people from diverse cultural background;
– analytical approach in solving of any task;
– ability to function effectively under tight deadlines;
– ability to take responsibility for his/her own decisions;
– a positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
Proficiency in languages, including state language, (list of languages)
Good oral and written command of Kazakh, Russian and English languages is necessary.
Computer skills (programs, computer literacy):
High-level computer literacy (Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, 1С: Enterprise).
Final date of CV submission
Open until filled.
Please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.