Manager of Health and Safety Department (on medical issues)
Key and functional tasks of the Department
Primary objectives of the Department are as follows:
1) developing and introducing health and safety management system in the University;
2) organizing activities on health and safety in the University, including complex measures with the participation of divisions and organizations of the University;
3) coordinating and internal control over health and safety activities on the territory of the University;
4) implementing measures on knowledge improvement and special training for health and safety issues in the University;
5) participating in planning and responding to emergencies on the University territory together with other divisions and organizations of the University.
Key and functional tasks of the position
1) participating in planning development, introduction, and continuous improvement of health and safety management system in the University;
2) participating in implementing activities related to increasing knowledge and special training on health and safety issues in the University;
3) participating in providing guidance assistance to the University divisions and organizations in their work on health and safety measures;
4) participating in conclusion of agreement on provision of services under voluntary medical insurance and compulsory medical check-ups agreements for staff and students;
5) qualitative and confidential management of medical records, reporting forms on the conditions of students health in a timely manner;
6) preparation of information announcements, visual aids and information posters in order to increase awareness on health and safety issues;
7) participating to the budget control on voluntary medical insurance;
8) preparation information, data, relevant reports or any other documents to governmental and non- governmental bodies of Republic of Kazakhstan;
9) performing any other functions as assigned by the University management.
Higher education, preferably with English as a language of instruction.
– Public health.
Required professional experience
Work experience shall comply with one of the following requirements:
– at least 1 year of relevant professional experience in areas corresponding to functional areas of the specific position in civil service, or in international and/or national companies, if a candidate holds a Master’s degree; or
– at least 3 years of professional experience in areas corresponding to functional areas of the specific position in civil service, or in international and/or national companies, if a candidate holds a Bachelor’s or a Specialist degree; or
– at least 2 years of experience in Nazarbayev University.
Professional competence and personal qualities
Knowledge of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and practices in the field of health and medical sciences; knowledge of the basics of health insurance; knowledge of international practices in the field of health and public health; knowledge of infection control; experience in the management of medical records; medical ethics and sanitation skills; skills of working with technical, medical documentation; risks management skills; projects management skills; presentation and negotiating skills; analytical skills; ability to assess labor safety conditions.
– commitment to goals and values of the University;
– ability to work effectively within tight deadlines;
– ability to work individually and in a team;
– ability to work in a multicultural environment;
– excellent writing and communicational skills;
Proficiency in languages
Fluency in Kazakh, Russian and English
High PC Proficiency (Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office)
Deadline for CV
Until position is filled.