Manager of Department of Software Development, «Nazarbayev University Library and Information Technology Services» PE
Main functional responsibilities of the department:
Department of Software Development is responsible for implementation of tasks for development and modernization of information systems that automate activities of the University.
Main functional duties:
Manager’s duties include as follows:
– Participation in process of development, optimization and modernization of software;
– Take measures to troubleshoot problems that prevent users from working with systems;
– Estimate of labor costs for implementation;
– Designing database structures.
Higher technical education.
Desired work experience (duration, sphere and other):
Experience in the field of at least 2 years.
Participation in the development and implementation of corporate information systems (at least 1 major projects).
Professional competence and personal qualities:
– Software Development Cycles;
– Experience in developing Web applications using Java EE (knowledge of .NET is desirable);
– Experience with database management systems (PostgreSQL, Oracle Database, IBM DB2, MySQL, MS SQL Server);
– Knowledge and experience of collective development of applications using SVN, CVS or similar products;
– Confident knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems;
– Knowledge of product lines of major vendors (IBM, EMC, Oracle);
– Sociability and creative approach.
Language skills, including state language:
Ability to understand technical documentation in English (intermediate degree). For citizens of Kazakhstan – knowledge of Kazakh and Russian is obligatory, for international applicants – knowledge of Kazakh and Russian would be an advantage.
Until selection of suitable candidates.