Manager, Department of IT architecture
Main functional responsibilities of the department
Department of IT architecture is responsible for planning of IT architecture – University’s infrastructure, implementation and support of the decisions that compose IT-infrastructure.
Main functional duties
Manager’s typical duties include as follows:
– Participation in selection and analysis of implementation technologies and IT integration, enterprise IT applications.
– Participation in design of architecture of IT-infrastructure.
– Project management of IT implementation and integration , enterprise applications.
– Participation in projects of application development and the process of enhancing their quality and efficiency.
– Design of a logical and physical data model and user interface.
– Collection and coordination of functional requirements for systems, technical writing (terms of reference, instructions, guidelines and etc.).
– Project documentation development (program description) and operating documentation for the software developed.
Higher technical education
Desired work experience (duration, sphere and other)
Work experience – not less than 2 years.
Experience of implementing infrastructure decisions (not less than 1 large projects)
Professional competence and personal qualities
– Knowledge of SOA conception and design experience of SOA applications, applying one of the products: IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Sun GlassFish, SAP NetWeaver, Oracle Application Server, MS SharePoint or any equivalent.
– Advanced user and ability to apply national and international standards in the field of IT.
– Knowledge and ability to apply notations of business-process description and formalization of software requirements (UML, BPMN).
– Skills to work with DBMS Oracle, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL or MySQL, knowledge of Cache or Sybase is desirable.
– Knowledge and ability to design logical and physical data model (preferably using PowerDesigner).
– Knowledge and ability to design user interface (preferably using MS Visio).
– Knowledge and experience of developing and maintaining portal decisions and electronic documentation management systems.
– Participation in development and implementation of enterprise IT.
– Knowledge of software products line-up of primary vendors (Oracle, IBM, Microsoft).
Language skills, including state language
Ability to understand technical documentation in English (intermediate).
For citizens of Kazakhstan – knowledge of Kazakh and Russian is obligatory, for international applicants – knowledge of Kazakh and Russian would be an advantage.
Until the selection of suitable candidates