Laboratory Coordinator of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the School of Engineering
Key and functional tasks of the function
– To help in conducting laboratory sessions of the School;
– To keep and maintain laboratory equipment in good condition;
– To prepare plans of practical and laboratory classes in accordance with the instructions of the faculty members, and the available equipment and reagents;
– To ensure following safety rules in laboratories;
– To assist in designing and setting up the laboratories
Key and functional tasks of the position
– Management and coordination of laboratories;
– Liaison and cooperation with faculty of School;
– coordination of laboratory preparation for the academic process;
– conducting regular checks of the equipment functioning;
– maintenance of repair works records, technical maintenance, calibration and general service to the laboratory equipment.
– analysis of needs in laboratory equipment, materials and reagents, based on the expenditures;
– planning and coordination of applications for purchasing the necessary laboratory equipment, materials and reagents;
– maintenance of records of the laboratory equipment, materials and reagents;
– conducting of trainings on safety and due use of equipment to persons, assigned to works in the laboratory. Strict following of all measures on technical safety;
– participation in conducting scientific experiments in consultation with Department Head/Dean.
Master degree, specialist or bachelor’s degree in:
– Material science;
– Petroleum Engineering;
– Engineering sciences;
– Molecular biology;
– Analytical chemistry.
Required professional experience
At least 3 years experience of working with laboratory equipment. Excellent knowledge of safety basics during the work on laboratory equipment.
– Knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and regulations for its operation, the structure of experimental work, rules for the safe use and disposal of waste;
– – Knowledge of the timing of maintenance and replacement of consumables of laboratory equipment, the basis for minimum repair;
– – Knowledge of the rules and norms of labor protection, safety precautions, industrial sanitation and fire protection;
– Knowledge of the rules for the proper use of training laboratories
Professional competence and personal qualities
– Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and as a member in international team;
– Experience of working with different cultures;
– Interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Eager to work with students.
Proficiency in languages
Fluency in Kazakh, Russian, English (oral and writing skills) languages.
A highly trained PC user (Microsoft Office).
Deadline for CV
Until position is filled.