Laboratory assistant, Robotics Department: School of Science and Technology
Key and functional tasks of the function
Primary objectives of the function are as follows:
– To help in conducting laboratory session of the School;
– To keep and maintain laboratory equipment in good condition;
– To prepare plans of practical and laboratory classes in accordance with the instructions of the
faculty members, and the available equipment;
– To ensure following of the safety rules in laboratories;
– To assist in design and setting up of the laboratories
Key and functional tasks of the position
– To work closely with Teaching Assistants and Faculty members of the School in preparation for
– To conduct pilot tests for the practical exercises;
– To brief on the safe and proper use of equipment;
– To analyze the need for laboratory equipment, consumables on the basis of costs;
– To process applications for purchasing the laboratory equipment and consumables.
– To maintain adequate inventory;
– To train Teaching Assistants assigned to each laboratory session and course;
– To implement the safety plan of the School and the University, including maintenance of records;
– To assist in course related activities as assigned by Department Head/Laboratory coordinator.
Master degree, specialist or bachelor’s degree in at least one of the following areas:
– Mechanical Engineering;
– Electrical and Electronics Engineering;
– Artificial Intelligence
– Laboratory Robotics
– Engineering sciences;
–– Device Fabrication.
Required professional experience
At least 1 year experience of working with laboratory equipment. Excellent knowledge of safety
basics during the work on laboratory equipment.
Professional competence and personal qualities
– Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and as a member in international team;
– Experience of working with different cultures;
– Interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Eager to work with students.
Proficiency in languages
Fluency in Kazakh, Russian, English (oral and writing skills) languages.
A highly trained PC user (Microsoft Office).
Deadline for CV
Until position is filled.