Division: Centre for Preparatory studies, Nazarbayev University
Title: General Manager of the Centre for Preparatory studies
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Centre for Preparatory studies
Key job responsibilities and duties:
1) organization of the Orientation Week program for students of the Centre for Preparatory studies (hereinafter – CPS);
2) supervising all types of activities for knowledge assessment of students during the academic year) preparation and approval of a calendar for knowledge assessment of students for the entire academic year;
3) assistance to the Teaching staff in preparing a package of information on program courses and exams (seating plan, schedule, registration of attendance, printing of exam materials, examination forms, etc.);
4) record and input of data on the results of examinations in the Registrar system
5) preparing reports and statistical analysis on the progress of students;
6) organizing recruiting campaign to attract potential students on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan and abroad (presentations in the regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan, international educational exhibitions, online presentations);
7) organization of entrance exam for the Nazarbayev University Foundation Year Program in the regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan, including interaction with the strategic partner, structural divisions of the University, Administrative and Teaching staff of the CPS
8) ensuring storage and transportation security of examination materials;
9) registration of applicants;
10) delivering materials to the strategic partner of the CPS and the relevant structural division of the University responsible for the admission of applicants, etc .;
11) interaction with applicants, students and academic staff on issues within the competence of the CPS;
12) compiling of curriculum for the Nazarbayev University Foundation Year Program and Nazarbayev University Zero Year of Master’s Programs;
13) providing information support to students on the curriculum of the Nazarbayev University Foundation Year Program and Nazarbayev University Zero Year of Master’s Programs;
14) assistance to Teaching staff in the monitoring of the progress of CPS students during the academic year;
15) preparation of materials for Examination Commission and for progression of students to bachelor’s program;
16) preparation of analytical materials, presentations, information on individual assignments of the management on issues within the competence of the CPS;
17) participation in the processes of identification, assessment, management, monitoring of risks and preparation of appropriate reports within the area of work.
The presence of higher education, preferably obtained in higher education institutions with teaching in English in the field of economics, finance, management, administration in education or related specialties.
Desired professional experience
For a doctor degree holder, professional work experience should be not less than 3 years, including 1-2 years in a managerial position;
For a master degree holder, professional work experience should be not less than 5 years, including 2-3 years in a managerial position;
For a bachelor or a specialist degree holder, work experience should be at least 7 years, including 2-3 years in managerial positions, or in areas corresponding to the functional areas of a particular position in the civil service, in international and/or national companies, or at least 3 years of work experience in Nazarbayev University.
Professional and personal competencies:
- advanced leadership skills;
- effective oral and written communication skills;
- analytical thinking skills;
- good organizational skills;
- presentation skills;
- ability to work independently, as well as a part of team, simultaneously coordinating a wide range of issues;
- ability to work with a flexible schedule and in tight deadlines;
- self-motivation and enthusiasm to work;
- diplomacy and tact;
- knowledge of cultural differences and ability to work with representatives of different cultures and nationalities;
- clear understanding and commitment to the policy of equal opportunities, awareness of the application of this policy within the competence of this position.
Fluency in oral and written State, Russian and English languages.
Deadline for CV submission:
Prior to the selection of a candidate who meets the above requirements.