FULL PROFESSOR/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (GSPP)
The Graduate School of Public Policy (GSPP) at Nazarbayev University, invites applications to join our international faculty and to share in our vision of becoming the leading public policy school in Kazakhstan and the Central Asia region. Candidates must have the requisite teaching, research and public policy experience to contribute to curriculum development, innovative pedagogy and international scholarship. Experience with public sector organizations, consultancies with international organizations, leadership in the development of relevant educational institutions and teaching experience in Asia will be regarded as strong additional qualifications.
- PhD in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Political Science or a related discipline with a public policy focus
- Relevant academic teaching and research experience: Full Professor – at least 2 years at full professor or 5 years at associate professor level; Associate Professor – at least 2 years at associate professor or 5 years at assistant professor level
- International research profile – Publications in international peer reviewed journals on policy-relevant topics; success in attracting competitive funding; awards and prizes from relevant professional/academic associations
Preference will be given to applicants with a specialty in:
- International Economic and Financial Policy
- Macroeconomic Policy
- Public Policy Analysis
- Health Policy and Management
- Urban and Transport Policy
- Water Policy and Management
- Social Policy
- International Security and Conflict Resolution
This is a three-year appointment with the possibility of renewal.
Candidates should submit the following documents in electronic form (MS Word or PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Names and contact details of three referees
- Teaching dossier including teaching evaluations
- Samples of course outlines
- Brief statement of past and current research
We anticipate hiring candidates to begin in August 2018. Applications will be reviewed until positions are filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Nazarbayev University (NU) – located in Astana, Kazakhstan – is a new Western-style, English-language institution, created with the support of other leading university partners around the world. NU’s international partners include six of the top 30 universities in the world, including University of Wisconsin-Madison, Cambridge University, University College London and National University of Singapore. The University follows the rigorous admission standards laid out by its international partners and accepts only the best students from the region. NU’s Graduate School of Public Policy enrolled its first students in 2013. The School’s partner institution is the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore.
Nazarbayev University offers an attractive benefits package, including:
- highly competitive compensation;
- housing based on family size and rank;
- relocation allowance;
- air tickets to home country, twice per year;
- no-cost medical insurance, with global coverage;
- educational allowance for children.