Financial Manager, Department of Student Affairs
Key and functional tasks of the unit
Planning, budgeting, executing, and reporting on expenses of the Department, Student Government, Student Fund and students extracurricular activities
Key and functional tasks of the post
– coordinates the process of budgeting, adjustments and investment plan of the Department, including extracurricular activities;
Professional degree, preferably in western higher education institutions or in higher education institutions with courses taught in English in priority areas: economics, accounting, and financial management.
Desired professional experience (duration, region, industry, etc.)
With master’s degree the professional experience in field not less than 1 year in the areas corresponding to functional directions of the given position; or with bachelor’s degree, or professional degree, work experience in the field at least 3 years in the areas corresponding to the functional areas of the position, or at least 2 years of work experience at Nazarbayev University.
Professional knowledge and personal characteristics
– ability to work with a large amount of information;
– knowledge in the field of budgeting, financial management and accounting;
– analytic skills;
– knowledge of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of education and finance;
– critical thinking;
– decision making ability;
– planning and setting goals;
– building effective business relationships;
– a responsibility;
– stress resistance
Language proficiency level
Good spoken and written skills of Qazaq, Russian and English languages
Personal computer skills (programs, degree of ownership)
High level of PC knowledge (Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience working with Oracle databases and accounting system 1C.
Deadline for submitting a CV
Until position is filled.