NAC Analytica Corporate Fund
Chief Researcher at the Center for Development of Economic Modeling
Key and functional objectives of the unit
· Conduct research, provide information and advisory services in macroeconomic and monetary policy as well as financial sector;
· Prepare analytical materials, reports, references and public information and analytical bulletins as part of the Center’s tasks;
· Establish interaction and cooperation with local and foreign research centers, as well as international organizations and public authorities in macroeconomic and monetary policy as well as financial sector;
· Participate in designing and delivering research programs of the Fund in macroeconomic and monetary policy as well as in financial sector.
Key and functional objectives of the position
· Collecting/structuring macroeconomic data by various countries;
· Collecting/structuring financial time series;
· Retrieving data from electronic databases and other public sourcs;
· Building macroeconomic and empirical finance models in cooperation with academics;
· Simulation of macroeconomic and financial models;
· Projecting primary macroeconomic variables for a group of countires;
· Projecting primary financial variables;
· Creation of new ideas for research in macroeconomics and finance;
· Updating and adapting existing models to more advanced analysis methods.
· Higher vocational education (additional higher education or master’s degree in economics, finance, management) from a western university or famous universities in Australia, Singapore, Russia;
· With a master’s degree in mathematics, the bachelor’s degree in economics / finance is a must.
· Preferable to have PHD.
Professional experience sought (duration, field, industry, etc.)
· At least, 2 years of work experience in areas matching the functional areas of the Center for the Development of Economic Modeling;
· Experience in project management is preferred.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities
· Knowledge of one or more econometric packages is a must (Eviews, Stata, RATS, Matlab Econometrics toolbox);
· Knowledge of LaTeX is an advantage;
· Practical skills in Python, C ++, C #, SQL, VBA are an advantage;
· Advanced knowledge in theory of finance and financial econometrics;
· Excellent knowledge of econometrics, macroeconomics and mathematics (linear algebra, mathematical analysis, probability theory);
· Good knowledge of derivatives and fixed income instruments;
· Experience in working with financial data and time series (regular and non-regular);
· Experience in collecting / structuring macroeconomic data;
· Chief researcher must exhibit competence in analysis, management and communications
Command of languages including Kazakh (specify)
· Russian (speaking/writing) – fluent (must);
· English (speaking/writing) – fluent (must);
· Kazakh (speaking/writing) – fluent (preferably).
PC skills (software, how good at using PC)
· High command of PC (Microsoft Office);
CV submission deadline
· Until an applicant meeting the above requirements is selected.