Lawyer of the private institution “Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Education” (Local hire) of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences (Local hire)
Key and functional tasks of the department
The lawyer is responsible for providing legal support (or legal functions) of the activity of the Institution.
Key and functional tasks of the position
– to develop or participate in the development of legal documents;
– to participate in the development and implementation of measures to strengthen contractual, financial and labor discipline;
– to conduct study and analysis of the practice of concluding and executing business contracts, as well as take part in work on concluding economic contracts;
– to conduct a legal analysis of contracts with foreign Partner universities and agreements on the provision of educational services;
– to develop and conduct legal expertise of labor contracts and internal regulatory documents of the School;
– to give opinions on legal issues arising in the activities of the School;
– to control the timeline of submission by School departments of certificates, calculations, explanations and other materials for preparation of responses to claims, for preparation of claims in court
– to register and store concluded contracts;
– to advise the employees of the Institution on legal issues.
Higher legal education.
A master’s degree / specialist in jurisprudence in foreign higher education institutions is preferred.
Desired professional experience (duration, sphere, and other)
Work experience as a lawyer – not less than 5 years.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities
Knowledge of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, including but not limited to: civil, corporate, financial, administrative, labor law, and knowledge of international law. The skills of law making, the development of contracts and internal regulatory documents, the development and concluding of contracts with foreign counterparts, the implementation of legal examination of documents and the preparation of conclusions on them. Communicative and organizational skills, ability to work in a team.
Proficiency in languages, including state language, (list of languages)
Oral and written skills of Kazakh, Russian and English are required.
High level of PC ownership (Ms Office software package, Paragraph IP, DB Zaң) and organizational equipment.
Final date of CV submission:
Until the position is filled. Please send your CVs to email@example.com in Kazakh and English languages. Please indicate “CV for position of Chief lawyer” in the e-mail heading.