Nazarbayev University, in partnership with KIMEP, held a Republican scientific and methodical seminar, «Teaching the Kazakh Language: Innovative methods & Practices» to support the Strategy “Kazakhstan -2050” on 5th March, 2013.
The workshop achieved its purpose, which was to share experience and consider new trends and approaches to the study of language in order to improve the communicative competence of students. In turn, the work of the seminar was conducted according to the following areas: place of teaching the Kazakh language and literature in shaping an intellectual nation, learning Kazakh language as a second or foreign language in higher education institutions, issues of transition to the Latin alphabet, innovative methods of teaching the state language, consideration of new paradigms of learning a language in terms of science, development of students’ critical thinking and writing. Also, at the scientific and methodological seminar well known doctors of science, and professors gave lectures on current issues of the Kazakh language and literature, conducted training seminars and workshops.
Information on participants of the seminar:
• Registered – 125
• The number of participants – 104
Participants from following regions: Astana, Almaty, Karaganda, Pavlodar, Aktobe and Aktau.
Participating universities and organizations:
• Al-Farabi Kazakh National University;
• L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University
• Kazakh National Pedagogical University Abai;
• Eurasian Institute for the Humanities;
• University «Turan – Astana»;
• Turkish Academy
• The Pavlodar state university after Toraigyrov;
• Aacademician E. A. Buketov Karaganda State Univeristy;
• Aktobe State Pedagogical Institute;
• Kazakh American University ;
• Suleyman Demirel University;
• Kazakh National Medical University after Asfendiyarov;
• Financial Police Academy;
• S.Seifulin Kazakh Agro Technical University;
• University after Kunaev;
• School «Haileybury Astana»;
• Kazakh University of Humanities and Low ;
• Kazakh National Technical University after Satpayev
• Military Engineering Institute of Radio Electronics and Communications;
• Kazakh State Women Pedagogical University;
• Caspian State University after Esenov
• Center “Rukhaniyat” Department of development of languages (Astana);
• The National Center of Testing;
• Methodical Center for Innovative Learning Technologies languages «Tildaryn».
Department of Kazakh language, literature and culture