KAZGUU Higher School of Economics and Nazarbayev University are pleased to announce the upcoming 3rd Annual Conference on Academic Integrity with the focus on Internationalization to be held at the Nazarbayev Center in Astana, Kazakhstan on May 18-19th, 2018. The conference is supported by the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy and aims to share best practices, raise issues, and promote and discuss recent developments in theoretical and empirical research on academic integrity. Scholars, practitioners and graduate students around the world are welcome to join and submit proposals.
International student mobility, the proliferation of cross-border and transnational education programs, and competition among national and regional scientific research activities have led to the expansion and liberalization of the global higher education space. This global higher education space is also being transformed by emerging technologies. Internationalization and technological transformations both enable and endanger practices of academic integrity. Many important challenges arise from this dynamic context: sustaining shared values and practices of academic integrity across borders; ensuring continuity of high quality standards in transnational education; and using technologies to promote academic integrity (whilst avoiding abuse of technologies by students to breach rules of integrity) are some of them. Organizers of the Conference invite all interested scholars and practitioners to submit panel proposals and individual paper abstracts dealing with different aspects of ensuring academic integrity in the context of increasing internationalization and technological disruption.
We welcome proposals related to the conference topics :
- Kazakh Higher Education in the Face of Competition from Chinese and Russian Universities
- Academic Integrity and the Impact of Technology
- Academic Integrity and Strategic Internationalization
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Policies and Procedures
- Internationalization through Erasmus+
- Academic Integrity in Multicultural Context
- Intrusion of Technologies and Erosion of Academic Integrity
- Ensuring Academic Standards in Transnational Programs
- Universality of Academic Integrity Practices
- Challenges of Affirming Values of Academic Integrity in Internationalized Context
- Quality Assurance and Internationalization
- Research Ethics and Scientific Standards
- International/Cross-Border Cooperation for Promoting Academic Standards
Relevance. The abstract should address an important research area or practical problem in the field of academic integrity and internationalization.
Scope of interest. Abstracts with a broad regional and international interest to researchers and to practitioners will be preferred.
Clarity. The abstract should be in English, it should be logical and offer clear implications for theory and/or practice.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
Please submit your proposal electronically to the following email:
firstname.lastname@example.org submission system.
In your proposal be sure to provide the following details:
- Your name and institutional affiliation.
- Title of your abstract and no more than five key words.
- State the category of your abstract:
- A case study
- Research work in progress (include your proposed research methods)
- Literature review
- Conceptual paper
- Abstract (between 100 and 250 words)
EXTENSION OF DEADLINES:
Abstracts and panel proposals submission:
April 12th, 2018
April 30th, 2018
Full Paper Submission:
April 30th, 2018
May 18-19th, 2018
Conference website: http://hse-conference2018.kz/
If you have any co‐authors on your submitted paper, please make sure to provide all names and affiliation details.
Loretta O’Donnell, B.A. (Hons), Dip. Ed., MBA, PhD, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, Nazarbayev University
Dilbar Gimranova, MBA, MPhil, Dean, KAZGUU University
Galym Makhmejanov, PhD, Director of Qazaq Institute of Development Studies, KAZGUU University
Duncan Priestley, B. Sc., Dip. Teach., PhD, Head of Academic Quality Enhancement, Nazarbayev University
Ann Scholl, PhD, Innovative Learning Lead, Nazarbayev University
IkboljonQoraboyev, PhD, KAZGUU University
Marat Raimkhanov, MPA LSE, Senior Instructor, KAZGUU University
Janet Turarbekova, Director of Communication and Marketing Department, Nazarbayev University
Aizhan Kashkenova, MA, Department Chair of Translation Studies, International Relations and Business Journalism, KAZGUU University
Daniyar Makhambayev, Head of Marketing Department, KAZGUU University