The Nazarbayev University Alumni Association announced the establishment of the first annual NU Alumni Awards. It will be awarded to the most distinguished and enterprising graduates of the university.
“We want to involve the entire NU community in the process of nominating and selecting candidates for the Alumni of the Year award. Any member of the NU community has the opportunity to nominate any of NU Alumni, someone who has inspired them throughout the year with their example and work results, someone whom they consider worthy to be called the best representative of our Alma Mater.” said Arman Konkobay, Executive Director of “NU Alumni” Public association.
As of now, the first stage of the selection – the nomination of candidates for the award – has been completed. The next stage is voting to forward finalists in different nomination categories. The selection will take place online and will last until February 6, 2021. During this stage, only NU graduates will be able to vote. The finalists will be determined on February 7, and then the jury of the award, consisting of representatives from various departments of NU, will choose the winners in each category.
The ceremony of awarding the winners of the prize with the presentation of valuable prizes and gifts is scheduled for March 1.
Nominations for the Alumni of the Year Award:
- Entrepreneur of the Year – notable success in any sphere of entrepreneurship.
- Educator of the Year – notable contribution to an educational process as an educator
- or administrative personnel.
- Social Impact of the Year – contribution and involvement in social projects and
- programs that are aimed to solve the socio-economic problems of various communities.
- Sport Achievement of the Year – notable achievement and inspiration for peers in
- the field of sport.
- Researcher of the Year – notable contribution in research and science.
- Philanthropist of the Year – successful and efficient charity project.
- Opinion Leader of the Year – recognized expert in a specific field.
- Cultural Contribution of the Year – a significant achievement in any sphere of culture