On September 16-17 Technopark Astana Business Campus of Nazarbayev University held the first open hackathon ABC Hack 2017 for young programmers and developers for 24 hours of non-stop mode. Within two days the participants had an opportunity to develop projects and solutions for the tasks from partner companies, to share experience with the aim to win in event and receive valuable cash prizes and job offers!
The event is organized by "Nazarbayev University Research and Innovation System" PI, supported by GE.
120 programmers from all over the Kazakhstan took part in the hackathon, including students and graduates of Nazarbayev University. More than 40 projects for partner companies as Kazpost JSC, Chocofamily, Naimi.kz, Ernst & Young, Kazdreamtechnologies and General Electric were proposed by the teams and developers. Previously, the partner companies announced tasks for hackathon participants on the official site of the event, where each participant was able to get acquainted and prepared to the task.
The first day intensive Hakathon program included the presentation of tasks from the partner companies, the familiarization of participants with mentors, the formation of teams, the choice of tasks, and a master class in the FabLab digital prototyping laboratory. On the second day of the Hakathon at the premises of MediaLab multimedia laboratory, consultations for the event participants were organized from experienced designers on UX / UIdesign, as well as on the design and submission of final projects to be successfully presented. In addition, the event program included several stages of check-points, within the framework of which works were carried out to set goals and project planning, the results of the first day of the hackathon were summarized, as well as results on the preparation of presentations and developments prototypes. Programmers and developers were offered the entertainment program that included a table tennis tournament and a PlayStation.
The partner companies received not only new and creative solutions for their tasks, but also qualified and experienced personnel for their company. During the hackathon winners awards ceremony, the participants and organizers were pleasantly impressed by the surprise from Ernst & Young, which, in addition to the prize fund and paid internships for the winners, provided all participants with a unique job opportunity for an internship with a reduced threshold level - without entrance tests and examinations and only with interviews.
Jury members: best in class experts, entrepreneurs and representatives of large Kazakhstani companies. Among them Arman Suleimenov, co-founder and CEO of ZeroToOneLabs.com mobile application studio and N17R.com school, Alena Tkachenko, founder and CEO of PowerWiFi, co-founder of the LovetoCode programming school, Baurzhan Rustemov, founder and CEO of Teslasoft, CEO of ReLog (Cloud program for courier services, distribution and transport companies), Sayat Uvazhanov, Co-founder and CEO of iBECSystems, Dagar Davletov, Co-founder, Director of Method Programming School, Magzhan Madiyev, Founder of Techpreneurs and CEO of INO Business - Internet marketing agency.
Let us recall, the ABCHack 2017 prize fund included:
- prize fund of more than 1 million tenge
- job offers or paid internships
- annual subscriptions to the FabLab Digital Prototyping Laboratory
- annual subscriptions to the MediaLab multimedia laboratory
The winners are:
• Chocofamily - the "165" team. Participants: Ibragim Iliyasov, Saddam Asmatullayev. Prize: 150 000 tenge
• KazdreamTechnology - the "Method" team. Participants: Daulet Amirkhanov, Yelzhan Zeynulla, Alimukhamed Tlekbay. Prize: 500 Euro + paid internship.
• Kazpost - the "Antihype" team, Yerbol Kozhasar.
• GeneralElectric - the "Pampi" team. Participants: Timur Bainiyazov, Didar Musakhanov. Prize: 200 000 tenge
• Ernst & Young - the "cs/mas" team. Participants: Alibi Zhangeldin, Olzhas Kabdolov, Alibek Zhakubayev. Prize: 150 000 tenge
• Naimi.kz - "CodeMasters" team, participants: Aidar Babanov, Bauyrzhan Zhangabylov, Serik Zhilibayev. The "EFGHack" team, participants: Raykhan Khasenova, Nurdaulet Kenges, Merey Ramazanova. Prize: 100 000 tenge
• Special prize from AstanaBusinessCampus - annual subscriptions to LabLab's digital prototyping laboratory and MediaLab multimedia laboratory: "Thinkaboutthis" team, participants: Bauyrzhan Nurgaliyev, Diaz Sugurov, Serikzhan Kazhiyev.
ABCHack 2017 is not only a contest for developers in the encoding format in the non-stop mode, but also a platform for the experience exchange, the search for personnel and the opening of new opportunities for both companies and young programmers and developers.
Would you like to organize a hakathon, a seminar, a conference, a master class or a training? Or take part in our events? Please contact us:
+7 (7172) 70 61 28
Or subscribe to our official pages on social networks and follow the latest news from the Astana Business Campus innovative cluster:
FB | Instagram | VK @astanabusinesscampus