The 1st ceremony of Teaching Awards across Nazarbayev University was held on 22 November 2017. The awards recognize outstanding teaching in the following nominations:
- Integrating Research and Teaching,
- Innovative Teaching,
- the Kehinde Award for Academic Integrity,
- Leadership in Teaching,
- Internationalization in Teaching.
The certificates are awarded to faculty, candidates are nominated by Schools within the University and judged by the NU Learning and Teaching Committee. This year the winners are:
- Daniel Torrano, Graduate School of Education (Integrating Research and Teaching),
- Chee Kai Chan, School of Medicine (Integrating Research and Teaching),
- Desmond Adair, School of Engineering (Innovative Teaching),
- Huw Cumming, Center for Preparatory Studies (the Kehinde Award for Academic Integrity),
- Craig Coulson, Center for Preparatory Studies (the Kehinde Award for Academic Integrity),
- Ben Tyler, School of Science and Technology (Leadership in Teaching),
- Saltanat Janenova, Graduate School of Public Policy (Internationalization in Teaching).