IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES test
Individual identification number (IIN) is a unique combination of 12 digits generated for an individual at the initial registration in the information-production system for the production of documents.
When does foreigner need to obtain IIN in Kazakhstan?
In accordance with Article 562 of the Tax Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreigner must receive an IIN in the following cases:
- Opening a current account in Kazakhstan resident banks;
- Becomes a Kazakhstan tax resident (within 30 calendar days from the date of entry);
- Receiving income from sources in the Republic of Kazakhstan, which is not subject to taxation at the source of payment;
- Acquisition of property in Kazakhstan, which is subject to property tax, vehicle tax or land tax;
Documents to be submitted to Department of International cooperation for Individual identification number (IIN) issuance:
- Application (download link below);
- Data protection form (download)
- Notarized copy of the passport along with translation into Kazakh or Russian;
The processing time is up to 3 (three) business days.