Chunying Lin graduated from National Taiwan University with a B.A. in Foreign Languages and Literatures. She earned her M.A. in Teaching Chinese as a Second Language at National Taiwan Normal University.
Before coming to Nazarbayev University, Chunying Lin had taught at Washington University in St. Louis for more than ten years. She also taught at various institutions, including Middlebury College intensive summer program, Duke University summer program, Mandarin Training Center in Taiwan, and International Chinese Language Program (former Inter-University Program) in Taiwan.
Chunying Lin’s MA thesis is titled “A Study of Using Grammatical Terminology and Choosing Points of Grammar in Elementary Mandarin Chinese Materials”. Her research interests focus on Pedagogy of grammar and Compilation of advanced Mandarin speaking textbooks. She held a round-table discussion at Midwest Conference on Asian Affairs (MCAA) in 2015.
Courses Taught by Chunying Lin
• First Level Modern Chinese (Washington University)
• Second level Modern Chinese (Washington University)
• Third Level Modern Chinese (Middlebury College Summer program)
• Fourth level Modern Chinese (Washington University)
• Newspaper Readings(MTC, Taiwan)
• Business Chinese (MTC, Taiwan)
• Contemporary Short Stories from Taiwan (ICLP, Taiwan)