Amoussou Coffi Adoko
Assistant Professor, School of Mining & Geosciences (SMG), Nazarbayev University, May 2017.
- Previous to SMG, Assistant Professor, Botswana University of Science and Technology, Botswana; Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Rock and Rock Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- Ph.D., Geotechnical Engineering, Area of expertise: Mining, Rock Mechanics, Tunneling and Slope Engineering.
Qualification & Experience:
- BSc Mining Mining (2005), Instituto Superior Minero Metalúrgico de Moa, Cuba
- PhD Geological Engineering & Rock Mechanics (2012) China University of Geosciences, Wuhan
- Post-Doctoral Researcher: (2012-2015) Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan
- Lecturer, Mining Engineering (2015-2017) : Botswana International University of Science and Technology, Botswana
- Assistant Professor of Mining Engineering (2017-), NU
Teaching (Taught courses)
- Rock Mechanics
- Mine Backfill
- Mine Machinery
- Mine Power & Drainage
- Underground Mine Development
- Mine Design
- Rock mass failure criteria
- Rock bust
- Rock excavation stability
- Ground and strata control
- Open pit slope stability
- Acoustic Emission applications in rock engineering problems
- 3D-Printing Techniques in rock testing
Current research projects
- Fall of ground characterization at Bamangwato Concession Limited (BCL) Mine, Selibe-Phikwe, Botswana.
- Open Pit Slope Stability and Rock Fall Modelling Based on Slope Monitoring Data.
- Optimizing Water Recovery In Tailings Dams, Orapa Mines, Botswana.