Dear NU Community,
This is to remind you that according to the decree of the President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev the state of emergency was extended in the Republic of Kazakhstan until 00:00 on May 11, 2020
Students at schools and universities will continue to study remotely, and distant work will continue at Nazarbayev University as well as in other organizations in the country unless they are in the list of activities of business entities that resumed their work on April 20 and shall do so on May 4 in all regions (as per the list below) :
- non-food stores up to 500 m² until 5 p.m. (all types);
- photoshops, flower stalls;
- hairdressing salons (by appointment);
- medical centers (by appointment);
- dental clinics (by appointment);
- real estate companies, advertising agencies, lawyers, notaries;
- microfinance organizations, insurance companies, pawnshops, exchange offices;
- information and communications technology companies.
Given the ongoing growth of COVID-19 cases registered in the Republic of Kazakhstan and globally, everyone is required to strictly observe the quarantine regime, limit walking outside and follow safety measures in accessing the public spaces, including the courtyards and summer cottages, from 6 am till 8 pm in accordance with the rules developed by regional state officials. Several separate e-mails were sent during the last week to the campus residents with the quarantine details for their attention.
Please strictly comply with the abovementioned restrictions and follow the work schedule as agreed with your supervising management: Deans of the Schools or Heads of the Structural Divisions or Organizations.
NU Health and Safety Department