Studying and Living in Kazakhstan
Important information on airlines, available destinations, rules of entry, and other issues related to KZ border crossing.
- Use the following link for updated information on available direct flights to/from Kazakhstan. Click here
- Use the following links for the latest updates by airlines: Air Astana, Turkish Airlines, Fly Dubai.
- Lufthansa plans to resume flights to KZ from March 28, 2021.
- Starting from week December 14, flights to/from Istanbul- Nur-Sultan once a week instead of 3 times a week.
- For your own safety and convenience, please bear in mind to check the boarding and entry requirements with the airlines and the country of destination respectively.
The RULES OF ENTRY into the Republic of Kazakhstan
- All arriving passengers (with the exception of government delegations, consular officials and certain other categories) should have the certificate of a negative PCR test result takenno later than 72 hours. Children under 5 years old do not need to take the test.
- Arriving foreign citizens, in the absence of a PCR test, are not allowed to enter Kazakhstan.
- Arriving KZ citizens, in the absence of a PCR test, are subject to isolation in a quarantine hospital for 2 days for laboratory examination for COVID-19.
- All arriving passengers with an elevated body temperature, regardless of the presence of a PCR test certificate, are subject to isolation in a quarantine hospital for up to 2 days for laboratory examination for COVID-19.
- All arriving passengers who tested positive for COVID-19 are hospitalized in the quarantine isolation of the infectious diseases hospital.
- The visa-free regime to enter Kazakhstan is suspended until December 31, 2021.
- 72-hour visa-free regime for the citizens of China and India transiting through international airports of Nur-Sultan, Almaty, Shymkent, Aktau, Karaganda, and Taraz will also be suspended December 31, 2021.
- Effective February 4, 2021, residence permit holders including their family members, as well as foreign citizens who are close relatives of the citizens of the RoK (spouse, parents, children), can cross the border of Kazakhstan once in 30 days. The 30-day period for the next entry permit to Kazakhstan starts from the date of the last departure of the foreigner from the country. Previously, the limit was once in 90 days. It is important to note that the restriction on entrance once in 30 days does not apply to:
- Individuals who have work, dependent, or student visas and received a permit from the Interagency Commission on the Prevention of Coronavirus Infection Spread in the Republic of Kazakhstan for multiple entry and exit;
- Citizens of those countries with which Kazakhstan has resumed direct regular flights
- Obtaining the negative result of the PCR test, taken not later than 72 hours before entering Kazakhstan is a rule!
- The Kazakhstan Government has extended the permitted period of departure of foreign citizens until June 5, 2021. In particular, foreigners with the expired or expiring before June 5 validity period of the following documents are allowed to leave Kazakhstan without any administrative liability:
2. KZ visa
3. residence permit
4. temporary residence permit
For all inquiries related to information on available destinations and airlines operating flights with Kazakhstan, please kindly contact the Department of International cooperation:
Maulen Yergaziyev, firstname.lastname@example.org