Health and Wellness Center
Health and Wellness Center is a structural unit of the autonomous organization of education “Nazarbayev University”.
The main aim of the Center is:
- implementation of the University policy in maintaining the psychological and physical health of the University community;
- implementation of close interaction with organizations of the Republic of Kazakhstan on mental and physical health issues, as well as on ensuring the needs of persons with disabilities; to maintain and strengthen mental health of University students;
- interaction with strategic partners of the University on the organization of psychological assistance and meeting the needs of persons with disabilities, the development of physical culture and sports at the University.
In accordance with the abovementioned aim, the Center is imposed with the tasks as follows:
- provision of information programs related to the psychological, physical health of the University community (including persons with disabilities);
- selective provision of training programs for target groups of the University community (“gatekeepers”) with the aim of early detection and prevention of crisis psychological problems among students;
- individual counseling of students on the psychological issues;
- group counseling of the University community on mental health issues;
- rendering assistance in the organization of sports activities, as well as physical culture and recreational activities at the University;
- assistance in organizing special needs for persons with disabilities;
Students use the Student Portal (my.nu.edu.kz) to make an appointment with a psychologist.
Also, there is a YouTube channel called NU Counseling where NU psychologists, as well as students, talk about topics that promote students’ overall well-being.
Information on upcoming workshops and seminars is sent to NU students via email.
Office Hours: Monday- Friday: 8:30 am-5:30 pm
office 20.104, block 20
office 11.103, block 11
In case of emergency and after hours, please call the following numbers:
8 7172 – 54-76-03 (24/7) – “City Mental Health Center” of the Akimat of Nur-Sultan
150 (24/7) or Whatsapp: +7 708 10 608 10 (24/7) – National Helpline for Children and Young People
111 (24/7) – “Call-center 111” on family, women and children’s rights protection