Psychological Counselling Center
Psychological Counseling Center of the Department of Student Affairs provides psychological help to undergraduate and graduate students of Nazarbayev University. Psychologists of the Center conduct individual consultations and trainings.
The Center provides consultations and workshops on topics of quality of life, personal effectiveness and self-esteem, interpersonal relationships, and stress management.
Other reasons to seek help from a counselor may be, but are not limited to, anxiety, mood swings, conflict situations, sleep disorders, and dependent behavior.
Areas of work:
- Individual counseling
- Conducting trainings on various topics
- Students’ parents counseling
- Psychological diagnostics
Consultations are held by appointment only. To sign up for appointment you need to use online schedule under link “Consultation” on Student Portal (my.nu.edu.kz).
Information about upcoming workshops is sent to the students by email.
Location: Block 19, 20 (dormitory), office 19104, 19105, 20101.
Phone numbers: (7172) 70-60-83, (7172) 70-65-83, (7172) 70-57-35
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30AM to 5:30PM
Mrs. Aigul Dyussembayeva, Mr. Bauyrzhan Arenov, Mr. Yerden Nurtayev
In case of an emergency, as well as during after work hours, please contact the following numbers:
- Medical Center of Mental Health Problems: 8 (7172) 54-76-03 (24 Hours)
- Unified Psychological Service in Kazakhstan: 150 (24 Hours)
- Office of Emergency Psychological Help (based in Suicide Center of Municipal Polyclinic No. 4): 8 (7172) 51-88-42 (9AM-4PM)