International Forum “Abai and Humanism” dedicated to the celebration of the 175th anniversary of the great Kazakh poet Abai Kunanbaiuly on April 23-25, 2020
Nazarbayev University represented by the Cultural Center Rukhani Zhangyru, Department of Kazakh Language and Turkic Studies of School of Sciences and Humanities, as well as the International Association of Teachers of Kazakh Language invite everyone to participate in the International Forum “Abai and Humanism” dedicated to the celebration of the 175th anniversary of the great Kazakh poet Abai Kunanbaiuly on April 23-25, 2020. The aim of the forum is to preserve and popularize the creative heritage of the great Kazakh poet and philosopher Abai.
- The world of Abai and humanism.
- Abai’s concept of humanism “Love mankind as your kin…”.
- The prioritization of education as the requirement of epoch.
- “The Well-Rounded Person” – modernization of consciousness;
- Contemporary environmental issues.
- The relevance of modern linguistic and ecological problems.
- New directions in Humanities teaching.
- Kazakh studies, knowledge of the individual, and consciousness of the nation.
- The content and purpose of Kazakh literary studies in the XXI century.
- The Kazakh language and the new alphabet (Latin alphabet).
- Al-Farabi and Abai: the concept of “The Well-Rounded Person” (“Толық адам” концепциясы)
For more information, please follow this link: https://ssh.nu.edu.kz/