The Republican scientific and methodical seminar «Teaching Kazakh: Inovative methods & Practices» will be held on March 5th, 2013 in Nazarbayev University.
The seminar is devoted to problems in teaching Kazakh language as a second and foreign language in higher education of Kazakhstan.
• The Kazakh language, literature and culture department, Nazarbayev University, Astana
• Language Center, KIMEP University, Astana.
Major sections of the seminar:
1. Cognitive and communicative basis in teaching Kazakh language;
2. Development of students’ critical thinking skills;
3. Innovative methods of teaching;
4. The use of information technology in teaching Kazakh language;
5. New trends in working with Kazakh films;
6. Modeling in teaching professional Kazakh language;
7. The problem of transition to Latin script.
Professionals from Nazarbayev University and KIMEP will be involved the seminar, which is to be held in the form of a series of workshops and master classes. Faculty members and specialists are welcome to the seminar. Each participant will be given a certificate. Business trip expenses are to be covered by the participants.
Volunteers should register in advance and send their registration forms to email@example.com.
Deadline for registration is February 22nd, 2013. Unregistered participants cannot receive a certificate.
You can find full information about the seminar on the Nazarbayev University website.
Please follow the link to download Application
Contact information: The Kazakh language, literature and culture department, 8th block, 53, Kabanbay batyr Ave., Astana, 010000, Republic of Kazakhstan.
Office: 8219, 8208
Contacts: 8(7172) 70-59-35; 8(7172) 70-59-37; Fax: 8 (7172) 70-60-54
For additional information contact: Kussainova Meiramgul (firstname.lastname@example.org), Baiteliyeva Zhanar (email@example.com)