Upon completion of the three stages of the selection process, the Admission Committee recommends applicants for admission.
The main admission criteria are as follows:
- NUFYP Entrance Test results
- IELTS/TOEFL results. In case of equal overall score, priority will be given to Applicants with the highest scores in sections by following primacy – Writing, Reading, Listening, Speaking.
The recommended applicants will receive an emailed Notification letter with the Offer of admission, the Instructions on Documents Submission, and the attachments with indication of deadlines and terms.
The applicants shall also submit additional documents to other NU departments. Therefore, please, make sure to read the Notification letter very carefully in order to meet the requirements and deadlines. All the hard copies of documents should be submitted to the University in person within the deadlines.
Any documents submitted in foreign languages shall be translated into Kazakh or Russian and notarized.
Failure to provide the required documents in time will result in Applicant’s disqualification from further participation in the competition.
List of documents to be submitted by the Applicant to the Admissions Department for enrollment on fee-paying basis:
- Filled out and signed Application form with a photograph;
- Notarized copy of identity document or passport, or a birth certificate and a certificate with your photograph from educational institution (school) for applicants under the age of 16;
- An original and notarized copy of a nationally recognized certificate stating completion of a secondary school, technical, vocational or post-secondary school or university or bachelor’s degree certificate or diploma of a specialist with transcript;
- An official electronic score report of valid Academic IELTS/TOEFL(iBT) certificate from Test Administrator or an original copy of valid TOEFL PDT (only for Applicants from the countries where IELTS and TOEFL iBT are unavailable) if an Applicant passed the test independently;
- Original signed Enrollment Confirmation Form;
- Original signed Form of Consent on Guarantee Fee Payment;
- Original signed Consent for personal data processing.
Applicants with SAT or ACT results meeting the above-mentioned criteria additionally shall present:
8. An official electronic score report of valid SAT Reasoning Test or an original copy of valid ACT with writing part (or its electronic copy followed by submission of an original copy by deadlines set by the Admission Committee).
In addition, foreign citizens or stateless individuals shall submit a copy of health insurance certificate valid for the entire period of studies.
All documents submitted to NU are not subject to return.