The Residency programs in Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Family medicine, General surgery, Internal medicine
Online registration is open. Deadline is May 31, 2019. Deadline for providing IELTS/TOEFL /IFOM/USMLE certificates is June 14, 2019 (after the registration deadline a scanned version of the certificate must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants applying to the program are expected to have:
1. Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent terminal medical degree (highest level medical qualification which provides the eligibility to obtain registration or certification to practice as independent practitioner in the country), obtained in a recognized university according to the World Directory of Medical Schools.
During the application period final year students may submit official current transcript for consideration.
2. High level of English proficiency
The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the program is:
1) Overall IELTS test score of 7.0 (with sub-scores no less than 6.0) or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website;
2) Applicants, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
– Doctor of Medicine or equivalent terminal medical degree was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
– Doctor of Medicine or equivalent terminal medical degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English;
3.IFOM Basic Science Exam (BSE) or USMLE step 1 test report;
4.High motivation and strong interest in the program as outlined in personal statement;
5.Two letters of recommendation.
Application package checklist:
1.Complete an application form;
2.National ID (for the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan) and passport (for international applicants);
3.Official document confirming name change (if applicable);
4.Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent terminal medical degree with transcript;
During the application period final year students may upload official current transcript for consideration.
5.IELTS or TOEFL certificate valid as of date of online documents submission;
6.Document confirming English as the language of instruction (only for applicants who earned their degree in a program which was taught in English and request an exemption from submitting IELTS or TOEFL).
Applicants should provide a detailed certificate/reference from the university indicating the number and list of subjects completed in English
7.IFOM Basic Science Exam (BSE) or USMLE step 1 test report;
8.Personal statement (up to 500 words);
9.Two confidential letters of recommendation written within the last 12 months (to be provided by referees electronically or in hard copy after receiving an email request);
10.0-86у medical certificate (for Kazakhstani candidates) (in kazakh or russian languages) or similar medical certificate with indication of general health or other document as requested by the University (for international candidates);
11.Document stating the presence or absence of a criminal record;
12.Consent for Applicant’s personal data processing (according to the template in applicant’s personal account).
All required documents indicated above (excluding letters of recommendation) must be uploaded by candidates to the Personal account before the indicated deadline. IELTS/TOEFL/IFOM/USMLE certificate can be submitted after the registration deadline via email address indicated above.
All submitted documents shall be in English or with notarized English translation.
Submission of a complete application package does not guarantee admission to the Program.
Applicants recommended for admission must provide hard copies of all documents as requested by the Admissions Department within established period of time.
Applicants who obtained their degree diplomas/certificates from foreign education institutions must request their official transcripts to be sent directly to the University: 010000, Astana, Kabanbay Batyr Ave., 53, Nazarbayev University, Admissions Department.
Standardized test reports shall be sent by the official test administrator directly to the University.
Nazarbayev University Institutional Codes:
GRE – 6496