How to apply
Admission requirements to the «Master of Science in Educational Leadership» program and «Master of Arts in Multilingual Education» program
Online registration is now closed.
Applicants applying to the program are expected to have:
1. An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
During the application period, final year students may submit an official current transcript for consideration.
2. A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.0 (or equivalent);
3. High level of English proficiency
The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the program is:
1) Overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-scores no less than 6.0) or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website;
2) The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test report for conditional admission (NUZYP) is an overall IELTS test score of 5.5, with no more than one sub-score of 5.0, or the equivalent TOEFL scores as posted on the ETS website;
3) Applicants, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
– one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
– an undergraduate and/or graduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English.
4. 1 year of work experience in a relevant field
At the discretion of the Admissions Committee applicants with less than 1 year of work experience may also be considered.
5. Strong reading, analytical, and mathematical skills as demonstrated by GRE test (recommended);
6. High motivation and strong interest in the program as outlined in a personal statement;
7. Two letters of recommendation.
Application package checklist:
2. National ID (for the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan) and passport (for international applicants);
3. Official document confirming name change (if applicable);
4. Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree diploma with transcript;
During the application period final year students may upload official current transcript for consideration.
5. IELTS or TOEFL certificate valid as of date of online documents submission;
6. Document confirming English as the language of instruction (only for applicants who earned their degree in a program which was taught in English and request an exemption from submitting IELTS or TOEFL).
Applicants should provide a detailed certificate/reference from the university indicating the number and list of subjects completed in English.
7. Documented proof of work experience (if applicable);
8. GRE certificate valid as of date of online documents submission (recommended);
9. Personal statement (300-500 words);
10. Two confidential letters of recommendation written within the last 12 months (to be provided by referees electronically or in hard copy after receiving an email request);
11. Consent for Applicant’s personal data processing (according to the template in applicant’s personal account).
All required documents indicated above (excluding letters of recommendation) must be uploaded by candidates to the Personal account before the indicated deadline. IELTS/TOEFL certificate can be submitted after the registration deadline via email address indicated above.
All submitted documents shall be in English or with notarized English translation.
Submission of a complete application package does not guarantee admission to the Program.
Applicants recommended for admission must provide hard copies of all documents as requested by the Admissions Department within established period of time.
Applicants who obtained their degree diplomas/certificates from foreign education institutions must request their official transcripts to be sent directly to the University: 010000, Astana, Kabanbay Batyr Ave., 53, Nazarbayev University, Admissions Department.
Standardized test reports shall be sent by the official test administrator directly to the University.
The Admissions Committee keeps the right to invite for additional interviews if necessary. They may take place on campus or by Skype.
Nazarbayev University Institutional Codes:
• GRE – 6496
• TOEFL – 6762