How to apply to MSc. in Finance program
Online registration is now closed. To apply to the Master of Science in Finance (MSc. in Finance) Program of the Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Business (NUGSB) applicants must submit a complete application package. The application fee is non-refundable.
Applicants applying to the program are expected to have:
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent).During the application period, final year students may submit an official current transcript for consideration.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.67 out of 4.0 (or equivalent).
- High level of English proficiency.
The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the program is:
- Overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-scores no less than 6.0) or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website;
- The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test report for conditional admission (NUZYP) is an overall IELTS test score of 5.5, with no more than one sub-score of 5.0, or the equivalent TOEFL scores as posted on the ETS website;
- Applicants, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- an undergraduate and/or graduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English.
4. Strong reading, analytical, and mathematical skills as demonstrated by valid GRE or GMAT certificate (required);
5. High motivation and strong interest in the program as outlined in a personal statement.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Complete application form (www.admissions.nu.edu.kz);
- National ID (for the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan) and passport (for international applicants);
- Official document confirming name change (if applicable);
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree diploma with transcript;
- During the application period, final year students may upload an official current transcript for consideration.
- IELTS or TOEFL certificate valid as of the date of online documents submission;
- Document confirming English as the language of instruction (only for applicants who earned their degree in a program which was taught in English and request an exemption from submitting IELTS or TOEFL). Applicants should provide a detailed certificate/reference from the university indicating the number and list of subjects completed in English.
- One essay in English (the essay questions are available on the application form);
- Letter of corporate support letter, commitment letter or scholarship request form;
- A CV in English (it should not exceed one page, A4);
- Provide a valid GMAT or GRE test report;
- Copy of the applicant’s labour card (or equivalent) with English translation.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation (to be provided by referees electronically or in hard copy after receiving an email request);
Standardized test reports shall be sent by the official test administrator directly to the University. Nazarbayev University Institutional Codes:
- GRE – 6496
- TOEFL – 6762
- GMAT – H6m-R7-93
- Admission is restricted to one NUGSB program, which means that individuals interested in pursuing graduate level education in a business program offered by NUGSB must carefully read the program descriptions and decide which program is most suitable for them in helping them to realize their career goals. Upon review of applicant files, the Admissions Committee reserves the right to interview an applicant to explore whether or not another NUGSB program may better fit with his/her profile and career objectives;
- Submission of completed application package by the applicant does not guarantee admissions to the MSc. in Finance program;
- Applicants may be invited for an interview by the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee has the right to conduct an additional interview with applicants to assess their quantitative skills;
- All required documents indicated above (excluding letters of recommendation) must be uploaded by candidates to the Personal account before the indicated deadline.
- All submitted documents shall be in English or with notarized English translation.
- Submission of a complete application package does not guarantee admission to the Program.
- Applicants recommended for admission must provide hard copies of all documents as requested by the Admissions Department within established period of time.
- Applicants who obtained their degree diplomas/certificates from foreign education institutions must request their official transcripts to be sent directly to the University: 010000, Astana, Kabanbay Batyr Ave., 53, Nazarbayev University, Admissions Department.
|Arailym Magauina||Senior Manager for Admissions||e-mail: email@example.com||tel. +7(7172) 70 91 74|
|Gulmira Koisoimasova||Manager for Admissions||e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org||tel. +7(7172) 70 90 28|
|Danagul Toleubayeva||Specialist for Admissions||e-mail: email@example.com||tel. +7(7172) 70 57 42|